Redundant LDAP Servers

Jason Traeden jtraeden at overstock.com
Thu May 8 17:58:47 CEST 2008

Ok, I got it working using the second patch you sent out rlm_ldap.c.diff and
the following config it works.

authorize {
redundant {
ad01 {
fail = 1
ok = return
}
ad02 {
fail = 1
ok = return
files
}

authenticate {
Auth-Type LDAP {
redundant {
ad01 {
fail = 1
ok = return
}
ad02 {
fail = 1
ok = return

DEFAULT Ldap-Group ==
"CN=g.acl.neteng,OU=Groups,OU=OSTK_Accounts,DC=overstock,DC=com"
    Auth-Type := Accept,

What I found that was causing the errors
rlm_ldap: Over-riding set_auth_type, as there is no module ad02 listed in
the "authenticate" section.

Was in my users files I was using DEFAULT ad02-Ldap-Group == .....
And I was instantiate the module ad02
Once I stopped instantiate module ad02 and only uses Ldap-Group == ....
Along with the second patch it worked.

Will this patch get incorporated in future releases?

Thanks for all your help.

Jason

--
Jason Traeden