Multiple BaseDN's - How Do I Do This?

Jorgen Rosink jrosink at gmail.com
Fri May 9 14:59:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Rob VanDusen <rvanduse at oaisd.org> wrote:

> My current config will check via LDAP against a NetWare box and authorize anyone in the ESB container - but I can't get it to look at any of the other containers. I tried doing multiple instances of the LDAP module - but that resulted in the server not authorizing anyone.

You probably didn't do it right, because it should work...

> How would I set this up so I can add the other O's as Base DN's? I'd really appreciate any instructions that a slightly dim bulb could follow.

Create a LDAP module for every context you want to use with RADIUS:

ldap CTC {
  server = "<IP/FQDN>"
  identity = "cn=<user>, o=<container>"
  password = "<password>"
  basedn = "o=CTC"
  filter = "(cn=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
  base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"
  start_tls = yes
  tls_require_cert = "demand"
  #access_attr = "dialupAccess"
  dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
  ldap_connections_number = 5
  password_attribute = nspmPassword
  edir_account_policy_check=yes
  timeout = 4
  timelimit = 3
  net_timeout = 1
}

ldap ESB {
    basedn = "o=ESB"

    ... etc. for all other contexts
}

Now refer to these modules in the Authorize and Post-Authentication
(if you want eDirectory policies) by module name, like:

authorize {
  CTC
  ESB

post-auth {