User-Password formats

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Wed May 14 02:37:27 CEST 2008

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:46636, id=35,
length=58
        User-Name = "proba1"
        User-Password =
"\210\363\353\036\337S\342i\023c&\212\240\267\350\026"
        NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
        NAS-Port = 2
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "proba1", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns notfound for request 0
radius_xlat:  'proba1'
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'proba1'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM
radcheck           WHERE Username = 'proba1'           ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
radius_xlat:  'SELECT
radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op
 FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'proba1' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM
radreply           WHERE Username = 'proba1'           ORDER BY id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT
radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op
 FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'proba1' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id'
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
rlm_sql (sql): No matching entry in the database for request from user
[proba1]
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns notfound for request 0
rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
  modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect:
[proba1/\210\363\353\036\337S\342i\023c&\212\240\267\350\026]
(from client localhost port 2)
  WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password. ?  Double-check the
shared secret on the server and the NAS!

There it is at the end. This is 1.1.7 built from the source.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP