Session-Timeout conditionally appearing

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Fri May 23 01:47:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

	I've run this on FR2.0.3 and 2.0.4, MySQL and Postgresql, and
I seem to see a pattern. I'm not sure if its the correct behaviour or
not.

	Using counters, I add "Max-All-Session := 123" into my database
for a user. when I run radtest, I get :

setup# radtest hotspot ICANSEE localhost 1212 testing123
        User-Name = "hotspot"
        User-Password = "ICANSEE"
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.3.128
        NAS-Port = 1212
        Idle-Timeout = 900

	I would think I would see a :

	Session-Timeout = 123

	If, though, I add a record for a 122 second session into radacct and
run again, I see :

setup# radtest hotspot ICANSEE localhost 1212 testing123
        User-Name = "hotspot"
        User-Password = "ICANSEE"
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.3.128
        NAS-Port = 1212
        Idle-Timeout = 900
        Session-Timeout = 1

	Is Session-Timeout not showing due to misconfiguration on my
part (Fairly stock configuration), or because of some other reason?

		Thanks, Tuc