problems whith accented characters

Nicolas Goutte nicolas.goutte at extragroup.de
Thu May 29 15:02:51 CEST 2008

Am 29.05.2008 um 14:48 schrieb Gianfranco Ferrini:

> I have problems with accented characters (and other like ç)
> in user passwords.
>
> My system is Fedora 8 with this localization
>
> [root at bidone ~]# locale
> LANG=it_IT.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_PAPER="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_NAME="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_ADDRESS="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="it_IT.UTF-8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="it_IT.UTF-8"
>
> [...]

> Usually I use ldap for authorization but to become simpler
> I put the account in user file:
>
> guest   Cleartext-Password := "università "
>
> As you can see ( User-Password = "universit\340")
> it sems like arrive at freeradius a wrong carachter:
>
> I try this autentication whith the software ntradping test utility
> on a windows XP system with a italian keyboard.
>
> Thanks for al the possible help.

Octal 340 seems to be à in code page 1252, what seems to be expected
for a Windows in Western Europe.

> Gianfranco Ferrini
> CSIAF - Universita' di Firenze
> Area Operativa Servizio Reti
> Tel. 0554239306
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/
> users.html

Have a nice day!

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841