Freeradius proxy

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 12 09:22:23 CET 2008

Siumafua Moala wrote:
> Everything is fine but I want to use the current server to
>
> 1. allocate ip address
> 2. use cisco-avpairs to allocate vrf
>
> Then send to another server to check only the username and password.

  That is possible.

> I have gone through the proxy configuration and it seems you can proxy
> either the auth or acct but I cannot seems to find how
> to split the authentication.

  You don't.  You proxy the request, and allocate IP addresses && Cisco
AVPairs in the "post-auth" section.

> Its seems on the users file you can use
> pass-through but I am not using the users file!

  Then read "man unlang".

  Also, the IP pool allocation is *already* done in the post-auth
section.  So it should be possible to get that working with proxying...
simply by configuring IP pool allocation normally.