Wpa Supplicant on Win XP with SP 2

Queenie de Melo queenie245 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 08:10:32 CET 2008

Dear All,

Iam using Windows XP with service Pack 2 with D-Link USB client DWL-G122

When I use windows as my suplicant, I do not get all the optioons supported
by my AP.

But In case I RightClick on the wireless connection in the Network
connections, and goto properties-- > Wireless Network tab and uncheck option
Use windows to configure my wireless network settings, then my D-Link
Utility pops up with gives me all the options ex: PEAP with MD5 (windows
gives me only PEAP with MSCHAPv2 option only)

Is there anyone who has faced the same and resolved it. Does windows need a
patch etc?

Pl help.

Warm regards
Queenie