Unknown module eap

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Nov 16 08:58:05 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 07:55 +0100, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > freeradius newbie here...not sure where I went wrong and someone
> > probably can figure this out in a second.
>
>   You edited the default configuration files and broke it.
>
> > CentOS 5 (freeradius-1.1.3-1.2.el5) still using default certificates so
> > as not to complicate things too much yet.
>
>   I really suggest upgrading to 2.1.1.
>
> > rlm_eap: No such sub-type for default EAP type peap
> > radiusd.conf[10]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
> > radiusd.conf[1940] Unknown module "eap".
> > radiusd.conf[1887] Failed to parse authenticate section.
> >
> > Can someone toss me a bone here?
>
>   You deleted the "peap" section from eap.conf.  Or, you configured
> "default_eap_type = peap", but without un-commenting the peap section in
> eap.conf.
----
yup...thanks - the instructions that I was following didn't make it
clear for me to do that (uncomment the peap section...duh). I'm sort of
working through things one breakage at a time.

As for upgrading, duly noted but I don't know what it is that I don't
know so I'll stay with the distribution for the time being. I think Red
Hat has a newer version on track.

Thanks

Craig