server status/statistics with 2.0.5 or retention_time for current freeradius

thoralf.freitag at biotronik.com thoralf.freitag at biotronik.com
Mon Nov 24 14:15:21 CET 2008

Hi,

I am searching a solution to get status information with freeradius 2.0.5.
Because of the broken snmp implemantation on 64 bit Linux systems, I can
not use snmp. So I tried to use the status interface. I configured a
server status as written below.

server status {
        listen {
                #  ONLY Status-Server is allowed to this port.
                #  ALL other packets are ignored.
                type = status

                ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
                port = 18120
        }
        client admin {
                ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
                secret = adminsecret
        }

        #
        #  Simple authorize section.  The "Autz-Type Status-Server"
        #  section will work here, too.  See
"raddb/sites-available/default".
        authorize {
                # respond to the Status-Server request.
                ok

But the freeradius start fails:

Mon Nov 24 13:57:36 2008 : Error:
/opt/radius/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/stats[31]:  Invalid type "status" in
listen section.

Is there any idea to get status information ? I can not upgrade to 2.1.x
because the rlm_ippool was rewritten and the retention_time patch (which I
need) does not work.

--
Thoralf Freitag
Manager Health Services System Administration

Phone:  +49 (0) 30 68905-4611
Cellular:+49 (0) 151 1631-4611
Fax:        +49 (0) 30 68905-2940
Mail:      Thoralf.Freitag at biotronik.com