server status/statistics with 2.0.5 or retention_time for current freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 24 14:36:55 CET 2008

thoralf.freitag at biotronik.com wrote:
> I am searching a solution to get status information with freeradius
> 2.0.5. Because of the broken snmp implemantation on 64 bit Linux
> systems, I can not use snmp. So I tried to use the status interface. I
> configured a server status as written below.

  This is not supported in 2.0.5.

> But the freeradius start fails:

  Because it's not supported.

> Is there any idea to get status information ?

  You can't.

> I can not upgrade to 2.1.x
> because the rlm_ippool was rewritten and the retention_time patch (which
> I need) does not work.

  So use the 2.0.5 rlm_ippool module with 2.1.x.  Or, update the patch
to work with 2.1.x.

  It shouldn't be hard.  The module was *not* re-written.  Instead, a
bunch of "DEBUG" words were changed to "RDEBUG".  This is a very small
change.