EAP2 configuration

Fernando fbernal at um.es
Wed Nov 26 12:21:52 CET 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Fernando wrote:
>
>> Alan DeKok wrote:
>>
>>>   You deleted "eap", but didn't add "eap2".
>>>

>> Yes, I added eap2 in authentication section, see this...
>>

>   Are you really sure you know what you're doing?
>

>> Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
>> Module: Linked to module rlm_eap2
>> Module: Instantiating eap2
>>  eap2 {
>>        timer_expire = 60
>>        cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
>>

>   These are not configuration items for the "eap2" module.  Why did you
> add them?
>

>> I added eap2 to the radiusd.conf too and I added a user in users file.
>>
>> Do I need  to do anything else?

Ok, thanks for your time :) I was missing AN IMPORTANT thing in the
users file, it was making me crazy "AUTH-TYPE := EAP2" I forgot it. Now
EAP-MD5 using EAP2 works properly.

Thanks a lot :), If you want some kind of guide for configuring EAP2
properly for the rest of the freeradius's user let me know and I'll
provide it to you.