FW: FreeRadius

Marcel Grandemange thavinci at thavinci.za.net
Wed Oct 1 17:59:34 CEST 2008

>I have a working FreeRadius installation used for PPPOE clients using a
Mikrotik NAS (Essentialy Linux)

>I am using Freeradius to limit data a user can send/receive within a month
and automatically reset it every month.

>I used an example from chilliuspot hotspot for this.

>However what im noticing is sometimes a customer gets denied access because
he has exceeded he's monthly allowance, however when I check the

>Db this is not the case cause it's the beginning of month.

>This only happens sometimes so im lost!

>I use sqlcounter.conf for the counter part of things and INCLUDE this from
radius.conf.

>sqlcounter monthlytraffic {

 >                counter-name = Monthly-Traffic

 >               check-name = Max-Monthly-Traffic

 >               reply-name = Mikrotik-Xmit-Limit-Gigawords

>                 sqlmod-inst = sql

>                 key = User-Name

>                reset = monthly

>query = "SELECT SUM(AcctInputOctets - GREATEST((%b -
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime)), 0))+ SUM(AcctOutputOctets -GREATEST((%b -
>UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime)), 0)) FROM radacct WHERE UserName='%{%k}' AND
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime) + AcctSessionTime > '%b'"

>}

>Anybody for input? I would greately appreciate help here! A Work around is
to simply increase he's allowance till he is allowed to connect!

Here is an update. I have created an entirely new account that has NO
history and yet I get same issue.

Following in radius.log

Wed Oct  1 17:51:46 2008 : Auth: Invalid user (rlm_sqlcounter: Maximum
monthly usage time reached): [njale/<CHAP-Password>] (from client OldPPPOES
port 40541 cli 00:0C:29:0B:44:66)

I kept increasing the data limit via dialupadmin till it allowed me to
connect.

Ideas?

http://www.eset.com