FW: FreeRadius

Marcel Grandemange thavinci at thavinci.za.net
Thu Oct 2 17:18:13 CEST 2008

>>Your check has a negative value:
>
>>check_item=-1073741824
>
>>Delete that minus. Of course everything counted will be greater than a
>>negative number. It starts working on 5GB because the counter rolls over
>>at 4GB.
>
>Excuse the ignorance again, but where will I do that? Where is it getting
>that value from?
>I checked the radcheck table for that user ...
>

>ID	UserName	Attribute			op	Value
>345	njale		Max-Monthly-Traffic	:=	3221225472
>
>He has it set on 3gb and gets denied, only when Value = 5368709120 does it
>work.
>
>Counter Rolls Over?
>

>Yes. It's a 32 bit number so it can go up only to 4GB. That is in the
>FAQ.

Hence Why I Use:
reply-name = Mikrotik-Xmit-Limit-Gigawords

Also this explains more detail my kind of setup:
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9902

I do interim updates, and haven't noticed the issue you are describing.
I tested an account that was limited to 7Gb and worked successfully.
(All 7Gb Was tranfered in one session)

User was not able to reconnect till I upped the limit.

>Hm, it should wrap at 4GB but it wraps at 2GB. I think bug 490 relates to
>this.

This issue only happens on rare occasions and with this particular user, I
do not know what could be causing...
I think I might test this whole thing manually gig for gig again...

Input Anyone?