Newbie question

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 00:57:11 CEST 2008

Jair Santos wrote:
> Well guys, let's clarify.
>
> I downloaded with
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freeradius.org:/source checkout radiusd
>
> No doubt about that.
>
> I have no control about the files that are there. I would like to have the
> latest version, that is AFAIK 2.1.1.
>
> The point is that when I tried to download from www.freeradius.org it didn't
> compile for my Read Hat ES version 5.2,  64 bits.
>
> I'll be really grateful if someone could tell exacly where I can download v
> 2.1.1 from that will  work for my linux distribution.

I'm not sure why you were having problems with the upstream spec file,
but you can use the src rpm from Fedora

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=298

Just one tweak you'll need to make after you install the srpm, find the
line in freeradius.spec which says BuildRequires: perl-devel and change
it to say just perl, the RHEL version of perl did not break out the
devel files separately. Then after editing the spec file do the usual
"rpmbuild  -ba freeradius.spec"

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>