NAS-Identifier

Stefan Eck (gmail) eurste at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 09:36:36 CEST 2008

2008/10/10 Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>

> Stefan Eck (gmail) wrote:
> > running successfull freeradius in 1.x version, i'm looking for some free
> > radius documentation to the NAS-Identifier. Couldn't find anything in
> > the doc or wiki.
>
>   http://freeradius.org/rfc/attributes.html
>
> > Anyone who can point me to some docs?
> > I do have now an additional NAS which sends an different NAS-Identifier,
> > but I do currently not know how to take advantage of them.
>
>   It's just an attribute.  What do you want to do with it?
>
> Well, the new NAS device sends 5 different NAS-Identifier. eg WebAdmin,
SSLVPN or HTTP. But only one RADIUS can be configured.
 I'm just thinking about that users can be authenticated via RADIUS server1
and admin(webadmins) can be authenticated via RADIUS server2. Or similar
like that.
Currently, I don't have any clue to take advantage of the NAS-Identifier.
Where is this attribute configured on the RADIUS. Other devices send the
NAS-IP, but this is only relevant for the shared secret or the accouting.
Cheers.