Simultaneous-Use check not working

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Mon Oct 27 19:43:21 CET 2008

tnt at kalik.net wrote:
>> I check for a login using radwho and I
>> see I have a session, I then attempt both a new auth and start
>> accounting again and still radwho shows only one login.
>>

> The fact that you have user listed in radwho doesn't mean that he is
> connected to the NAS as well. checkrad script will delete stale entries
> and allow connection if it "finds out" that there is no such session
> on the NAS.
>
> To check if Simultaneous use works from accounting data only:
>
> - change nastype to other in clients.conf

It is "other" both in the localhost client and in the client I created
to test using radiustest.

> - check if radius "thinks that user is online by running
> simul_count_query by hand

I have, it shows 5 sessions for this user.

mysql> SELECT COUNT(*)  FROM radacct WHERE UserName='yellowhousejake'
AND AcctStopTime = 0;
+----------+
| COUNT(*) |
+----------+
|        5 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

> - send Access-Request

Changed Packet-Type to Access-Request, auth is approved.

--------------------10/27/2008 2:26:27 PM Test started
[check_simul]-------------------------
Info:Sending Access-Request of id 0 to 10.0.241.95:1645
	User-Name = "yellowhousejake"
	User-Password = "marlin"
Info: Access-Accept packet from host 10.0.241.95:1645, id=0, length=89
	Service-Type = Framed-User
	Framed-Protocol = PPP
	Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254
	Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
	Framed-Routing = None
	Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
	Filter-Id = "std.ppp"
	Framed-MTU = 1500
	Port-Limit = 1
	Idle-Timeout = 600
	Session-Timeout = 28800

	   Total approved auths:  1
	     Total denied auths:  0
	       Total lost auths:  0
	       Total time(secs):  0

Since I am testing with a test client from my laptop, and using radtest
on the radius server (localhost), and using only accounting data to
check for simultaneous use, does checkrad even come into play?

Thanks,

DAve

--
I am watching the debate and I am very disappointed. The rules are
simple, "answer the question". I would vote right now, and I can