freeradius- update radacct

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Oct 28 12:33:57 CET 2008

>I have freeradius virtual configurations.
>Until today all were working without a problem.
>But today i created a new one and i have a tiny problem about it.
>It doesnt update sql queries until the user logs off. SO i can not track
>the statistics of online users and transferred data etc via mysql.
>But as i see freeradius gets the following packets below in normal intervals
>And if it was an error about sql.conf i think it wont write the data when
>user disconnected too.It just does not update the online users data..and i
>wonder why..Seems like it does not create user data at the begining so it
>can not update the data too.

If server doesn't get accounting start packet it will use alternative
update query (INSERT) because there is nothing to update. That is if
this is an update packet at all. You will need to post the request that
was processed as well.

If you are not getting updates from the NAS at all you need to fix that
on the NAS or by sending Acct-Interim-Inetrval in the Access-Accept
reply. No guarantee that your NAS will respect it.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP