Wi-Fi and LDAP password auth

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Oct 29 20:06:52 CET 2008

Matthias Saou wrote :

> 1) The only output I manage to get related to TLS is the following, is
> it normal or does it denote an error?
>
> [tls] Initiate
> [tls] Start returned 1

Replying to myself here, but I'm completely stuck and really suspect
this to the be problem. Am I right assuming this? Attached is the
output from "radiusd -X". What I think is happening :

 * The authorization is working, the "matthias" LDAP user is found.
 * The authentication is failing right after it tries to start TLS as
   part of the PEAP + MSCHAPv2 process.

This is with a certificate I've signed with my local CA, making sure it
contains the extendedKeyUsage as explained in certs/README, but the
same was happening with the default files created by "bootstrap".

I'm just really confused by now :-)

Matthias

Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) - Linux kernel 2.6.26.5-45.fc9.x86_64
Load : 0.39 0.50 0.43