Wi-Fi and LDAP password auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 29 21:28:48 CET 2008

Matthias Saou wrote:
> Replying to myself here, but I'm completely stuck and really suspect
> this to the be problem. Am I right assuming this? Attached is the
> output from "radiusd -X". What I think is happening :

  Follow the instructions on my web site (deployingradius.com) for doing
PEAP.  Testing with a real device is one of the last things you want to do.

>  * The authorization is working, the "matthias" LDAP user is found.
>  * The authentication is failing right after it tries to start TLS as
>    part of the PEAP + MSCHAPv2 process.

  This is interesting:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.1.112 port 1094, id=1,
length=194
Sending duplicate reply to client AP3 port 1094 - ID: 1

  It means that the NAS isn't receiving the response from the server,
and is re-sending the request.