Problems with Freeradius and MySQL

Leander S. leander.schaefer at gmx.net
Thu Oct 30 12:03:27 CET 2008

Are you trying to get your FreeRADIUS SQL able, or are you trying to use
crypted passwords for users in the SQL table?

Case one: (Talking of FreeRADIUS versions 2.*.*)
First of all you need the SQL schemes provided in
freeradius-server-2.1.1/raddb/sql/mysql/
You also might want to have a look at those files and uncomment the SQL
stuff inside:

/etc/raddb/sql.conf
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default

run:$ radiusd -X
^^ should provide you errors or a lot of querries ...

Second case:
It depends on what kind of authentication you're expecting to use ... as
far as I know i.e. isn't it possible to youse crypted passwords in
combination with ms-chap ...

Good luck!

Regards,

   Leander