Help with md5 database encryption

Oscar Trejo racso83 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 19:05:53 CEST 2008

Hi, I had a freeradius server working, but only when the password are saved
on the database on plain-text with out encryption, my question is about how
to save the instructions on the table radcheck and radgroupcheck to work
with Password encryption MD5.

My working free radius tables had

radcheck
+----+----------+-----------+----+--------+
| id | UserName | Attribute | op | Value  |
+----+----------+-----------+----+--------+
|  3 | oscar    | Password  | == | uno |
+----+----------+-----------+----+--------+

radgroupcheck
+----+-----------+-----------+----+-------+
| id | GroupName | Attribute | op | Value |
+----+-----------+-----------+----+-------+
|  1 | dinamico  | Auth-Type | := | Local |
+----+-----------+-----------+----+-------+

When i had the password with simple plaint text with out encryption the
result is the next

Auth: Login OK: [oscar/uno] (from client ##### port ########## cli
##:##:##:##:##:##)

But I want to save the password with MD5 encryption, the freeradius load
correctly the module pap, chap and eap with out errors, but when i try to
change the configuration for example :

radcheck
+----+----------+-----------+----+--------+
| id | UserName | Attribute | op | Value  |
+----+----------+-----------+----+--------+
|  3 | oscar    | MD5-Password  | == | 1eaa8bb195869a23f081acbb5bf08527 |
+----+----------+-----------+----+--------+

radgroupcheck
+----+-----------+-----------+----+-------+
| id | GroupName | Attribute | op | Value |
+----+-----------+-----------+----+-------+
|  1 | dinamico  | Auth-Type | := | PAP |
+----+-----------+-----------+----+-------+

the free radius log gave me the next error:

Error: rlm_sql_getvpdata: database query error
Info: rlm_sql (sql): No matching entry in the database for request from user
[oscar]
Auth: Login incorrect: [oscar/uno] (from client ##### port ########## cli

But i need the encryption with MD5, any suggestion

Before any answer I gave you thanks for the help

Bye

--
Oscar Trejo Martínez
Student