freeradius 2.1.0 default mysql schema don't have nasidentifier table

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 13:57:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

> And I did exactly that. :-) Anyway, it would be a small change to the
> schema and queries... I also wouldn't mind having it in by default. But
> I don't care enough to submit a patch.

I think the issue is an UPDATE/UPGRADE issue - if the queries are
liek that by default - ie schema change - then people running SQL
servers must add the new records...or it'll fail.  so,
either the engine spews out error messages if fields dont exist,
OR theres a dirty big UPGRADING text file and accompanying
upgrade-1.1-2.0.sql file for each platform etc.

in either case, people wont read the errors and they certainly wouldnt
read that text file.  hmm, back to square one. perhaps a line
or 2 in the config file which cause the server to stop if they
havent been commented out - soo many projects already go that route.

alan