Acct-Input-Gigawords

Edvin Seferovic edvin.seferovic at kolp.at
Wed Sep 24 11:06:58 CEST 2008

>how do i use the Acct-Input-Gigawords and Acct-Output-Gigawords Attributes
>with "FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.3" and "FreeRADIUS Version 1.0.2" and PPP
>2.4.4? I set up the fields in the mysql-table but they do not get filled
with data.

Those will be filled when the connection goes over the limit of the
"Octets". See the freeradius homepage for the explanation on this.

>Is there a way (radius or ppp) to get the Accounting-Data on-the-fly
>(realtime) or maybe all 2 hours without disconnection the actual session of
>the user?

Depending on your NAS, you can send Accounting updates every 5 minutes ! The
attribute that NAS has to accept is called Acct-Interim-Interval. You can
set it to "300" ( 5 min ) !

Kind regards,
E:S