..::Errors initializing modules::..

Ing. Alfonso Reyes alfonso.reyes at aztecagenecom.serveftp.net
Thu Sep 25 23:55:56 CEST 2008

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:02:49 +0100
From: A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Subject: Re: ..::Errors initializing modules::..
	<freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>

Hi,

> Thanks for your help Alan, but the radius server was built with the
> --with-mysql variable with no luck.

>err, it builds by default with MySQL - no need for that configure flag.

Thanks for the advice

>once again, I will ask you, read the output when you run the ./configure -
dump it to a file if you cannot scrollback through the whole log. SEE what
>configure says when it tries checking for or doing MySQL stuff.

Here's the output:

=== configuring in ./drivers/rlm_sql_mysql
(/home/Conesh/Download/freeradius-server-2.1.0/src/modules/rlm_sql/./drivers
/rlm_sql_mysql)
configure: running /bin/sh ./configure '--prefix=/usr/local'
'--enable-ltdl-install=no' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for mysql_config... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient_r (using mysql_config)... yes
checking for mysql.h (using mysql_config --cflags)... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
the flags you give configure mean nothing if your system doesnt have the
relevant includes, libraries etc.

But I can see warnings:

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_unixodbc.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_unixodbc requires: libodbc sql.h.
configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use
--with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_oracle.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_oracle requires: oci.h.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_postgresql.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_postgresql requires:  libpq-fe.h libpq.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_iodbc.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_iodbc requires: libiodbc isql.h.

>more bluntly - what OS are you using? if redhat, fedora or Centos, do you
have mysql-devel RPM installed?
>if debian/ubuntu etc, do you have libmysqlclient package installed?
>etc
It is fedora core 9 and it has the mysql-devel rpm installed.

Any ideas?

Alfonso.

P.S I will attach the result in case I miss something.