problem with ip_pools

Marco C. Coelho maillist1 at argontech.net
Tue Sep 30 16:35:38 CEST 2008

I ran out of IP space in my original IP_Pool, and since the next
available addresses were non contiguous, I added a second pool.  Here's
the snippet of my radiusd.conf:  The problem is that the first pool
comes up and is used, but when it runs out of IP space, the second pool
never gets used.

If the db files are deleted and freeradius restarted, should both sets
of files get recreated on start up?

  ippool main_pool {

    #  range-start,range-stop: The start and end ip
    #  addresses for the ip pool
    range-start = 64.202.227.1
    range-stop = 64.202.229.254

    #  netmask: The network mask used for the ip's
    netmask = 255.255.255.0

    #  cache-size: The gdbm cache size for the db
    #  files. Should be equal to the number of ip's
    #  available in the ip pool
    cache-size = 768

    # session-db: The main db file used to allocate ip's to clients
    session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool

    # ip-index: Helper db index file used in multilink
    ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex

    # override: Will this ippool override a Framed-IP-Address already set
    override = no

    # maximum-timeout: If not zero specifies the maximum time in seconds an
    # entry may be active. Default: 0
    maximum-timeout = 0
  }

  ippool main_pool2 {

    #  range-start,range-stop: The start and end ip
    #  addresses for the ip pool
    range-start = 64.202.237.1
    range-stop = 64.202.239.254

    #  netmask: The network mask used for the ip's
    netmask = 255.255.255.0

    #  cache-size: The gdbm cache size for the db
    #  files. Should be equal to the number of ip's
    #  available in the ip pool
    cache-size = 768

    # session-db: The main db file used to allocate ip's to clients
    session-db = ${raddbdir}/db.ippool2

    # ip-index: Helper db index file used in multilink
    ip-index = ${raddbdir}/db.ipindex2