Parameter to limit user traffic in RouterOS

Vegard Svanberg vegard at svanberg.no
Wed Apr 8 18:23:30 CEST 2009

* HugLeo <hugocanalli at gmail.com> [2009-04-08 15:59]:

>    I'was reading a mk documentation which website is
>    [1]http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/3.0/aaa/ppp.php and I've found
>    in the session Monitoring Active PPP Users:
>    limit-bytes-in (read-only: integer) - maximal amount of bytes the user
>    is allowed to send to the router
>    limit-bytes-out (read-only: integer) - maximal amount of bytes the
>    router is allowed to send to the client

You would have figured this out pretty easily by reading the docs, but
you'd just do (I assume you use the users file as backend):

username        User-Password == "foo"
                Mikrotik-Recv-Limit-Gigawords := "6",
                Mikrotik-Xmit-Limit-Gigawords := "6"

BTW, MT's 3.0 doc is incomplete. Read the 2.9 manual (or the wiki) and
check the "RADIUS client" topic.

>    Are there a way to send that to RouterOS using radclient?

Not sure what you mean by using radclient to send something to RouterOS.
Radclient will talk to the RADIUS server, not another client.

--
Vegard Svanberg <vegard at svanberg.no> [*Takapa at IRC (EFnet)]