Is my switch really communicating .1x with Freeradius?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 18:47:11 CEST 2009

> Can wireshark see radius packets between radius server and the switch? If
> not see switch documentation about setting up radius server for it. If
> yes - you have a firewall stopping the packets.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP

Hi Ivan,

Wireshark shows an EAP Success message sourced from the switch and
arriving on the same box as the freeradius server, however it isn't
checking in with  freeradiusd, I know since I turned it off for the
test. When I plug a supplicant into the port configured with .1x I get
a request followed, by a challenge, followed by a request followed by
a challenge and then nothing.

Thanks!

John