dynamic ip address allocation problem for wifi system

kalesameer kale.sameer.s at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 08:57:37 CEST 2009

        I have implemented  a wifi authentication system wherein users
authenticate themselves using their username and password.
I am using EAP-PEAP for this purpose.Further, I want to assign ip addresses
to the users dynamically.From whatever documentation i have read, I gather
that using rlm_ippool module does not work for EAP
authentication.Also,FreeRADIUS does not support DHCP fully.
      I am using OpenLDAP as a database which stores entries of all the
users authorised to use the wireless system.FreeRADIUS version is 2.1.1.
       So,first of all,am I correct in saying that rlm_ippool cannot be used
with  EAP authentication for assigning ip addresses to clients(not access
points but end users of wifi system)?Also,is there any patch or sample code
available for allocating ip addresses dynamically using DHCP?And if both the
above methods are not possible, then is there any other way to assign ip
addresses to clients dynamically?