Detail file polling issues

JDL JDL at ImagineNet.net
Mon Apr 13 17:21:49 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   Some people have seen the detail file listener go "crazy", and use
> lots of CPU.  I've managed to reproduce the problem, and have committed
> a fix to the "stable" tree.
>
>   Please see http://git.freeradius.org/pre/  for tar files && debian
> files containing the fix.  Or, see http://git.freeradius.org/ for
> instructions on grabbing the latest "stable" code from git.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Alan,

I just tried the 2.1.5 pre-release and the issue with the detail file
listener going crazy seems to have been corrected. Thank you.

However, the issue of the spooled detail files being deleted remains.
Doing my best to analyze the debug file and some copies of the listener
detail files before they are deleted, it appears that FR starts to read
the detail file (i.e. detail.work) and then starts a loop where it keeps
adding the data that is read back into the main listener file (i.e.
detail-20090413). It appears to do this a number of times and then stops
and deletes all of the files in the listener directory.

If you need any additional information from me, please let me know. I
could send you examples of the listener detail files off list if it will
be of assistance.

Thanks,

Jim L.