problem with samba and kerberos 5 to integrate freeradius with AD

bastardinho69 bastardinho69 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 16:05:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

i have been following this great guide
http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIUS_Active_Directory_Integration_HOWTO
on how to integrate freeradius with AD. I am getting confused about
kerberos5. Do i have to additionally install krb5 from ports? Or maybe
it should be on my system already after samba server installation? In
any way (install krb5 or no, i tried both ways) i dont have the
krb5.conf file on my system at all. Judging from the guide, it should be
there without any krb5 installation procedure. I am running FreeBSD 7.1.

I hope u guys can help me, becoz it feels like "no way out" at the
moment. Thanks for ur time ;)