rlm_perl behavior

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos regs at kinetix.gr
Thu Apr 16 13:38:39 CEST 2009

Yes, that would be great. One perl interpreter
per freeradius thread, that is. And I suppose the
CLONE function would work again as expected (i.e. each
freeradius thread would have its own perl interpreter and
each script relaying on this interpreter would have its
own connection to the DB). And the perl clones will not be
controlled by the perl.conf (as in 2.0.x) but from the
max_servers directive in  radiusd.conf, right?

I am ready for testing whenever you have a patch ready.

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Apostolos Pantsiopoulos wrote:
>> I understand that there may some benefits in the current
>> implementation (2.1.x) such as less threads, smaller memory
>> footprint etc. but why change something that has been tested
>> and working in the first place?
>
>   A quest to make it better.  If we were satisfied with the
> functionality of the server in 1.0, we would have had no improvements
> since then.
>
>   In any case, it looks like it may be easy to change it so that there
> is one Perl thread per server thread.  Would you be prepared to test
> patches?
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html