performance freeradius with psql (auth only)

Uwe Kastens kiste at kiste.org
Wed Apr 22 17:34:32 CEST 2009

Hi lists,

I am just measuring (maybe more guessing) some performance figures. I
started 3 radclients (1 on localhost, 2 on different remote hosts) with
12K different user and credentials. I am working with virtual hosts
under XEN.

I am just counting the logfile entries from logfile for Auth: Login
entries.
With a single radclient from a remote host its something between 10 to
15 auth per sec. With 3 radclients its something between 30 to 45 auth
per sec.

There is no change in that values, if I increase the max database
connections. So I think it might be a problem, that there are not enough
requests produced from the radclient(s) aprox 800 per minute.

Could that be?

Any other figures measured by someone?

BR

Uwe