checking authorization in the duration of connection

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Wed Apr 29 15:01:01 CEST 2009

> My radius server use ldap server for authorize and authentication.I set an
> attribute in ldap server that is the check-name in sqlcounter to limit
> users
> Input traffic. I want when user traffic reaches to this amount the user
> become stop but radius checks ldap attributes only at the first of
> connection not in the middle.

So? Counter sends an attribute (Session-Timeout or some bandwidth or
traffic VSA) with the limit for the session in Access-Accept. NAS will
disconnect the user when that limit is reached. There is no need for mid
session adjustments. That is, as long as you used the attribute your NAS
respects. If counter uses an attribute your NAS ignores - whole thing is
pointless.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP