Idle-Timeout not working

Deepak d88pak at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 17:57:53 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Deepak<d88pak at gmail.com> wrote:

>> If Idle-Timeout is in the Access-Accept packet - NAS doesn't support it.
>> Take it up with them.
>>

> I didn't quite get it. Can you explain further?
>

> It seems to be random. In first login i was not automatically logged
> out so I manually logged out and again logged back in. This time, it
> worked. It says you have been logged out.
>
> However, after closing all the browsers. I opened the browser again,
> expecting chilli will redirect me to login page but instead, it thinks
> I am still logged in and allowed the internet access. I checked the
> currently online user session in radius database while I am still
> logged in. Radius database shows nothing about I am being online.
>
> What is the anomaly here?
>

> Thanks

After I have been logged out with "Idle-Timeout". I logged back in
without any authentication and now I am online for quite sometime.
Neither chilli nor radius is minding me of being online.

chilli granted me access without showing any login page. Radius is not
collecting any of my session data.

I am quite confused.