Simutaneus Check Query in FR2?

Deepak d88pak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 08:17:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

Currently my "Simultaneous-Use" attribute is not working and I have
few questions regarding this.

Following are my setup:
================
OS: CentOS 5.3
freeradius2-2.1.6
MySQL 5.0.45
PERL 5.8.8
===============

I am consulting the FAQ checklist. Some are not applicable to me since
I am doing everything from SQL.

1) FAQ says "uncheck the Simutaneus check query in sql.conf"  but I
couldn't find that in in my sql.conf. Where is this in FR2?

2) in "/etc/raddb/sites-enable/default" I noticed that "radutmp" is
uncommented by default in "session" and "accounting" section. I tried
disabling this but no effect on simultaneous use. Do I need to turn on
"radutmp" for something else (like for "radwho"? (What I mean is does
any other part the freeradius use this feature for session and
accounting purpose? Is it necessary to turn on this feature if I am
using SQL for my session and accounting?)

3) I am trying to use "radwho" and it is giving me the error
"radwho: Error reading /var/log/radius/sradutmp: No such file or directory".
It is looking for "sradutmp" instead of "radutmp" which is not there.
I guess probably it has its historical reasons. May be I can solve
this my renaming the "radutmp" to "sradutmp" but I am not sure if I
want to do that.

4) What are the other things I need to look for to solve this problem?

Some suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks