IPv6 and packet sending

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Aug 20 20:00:18 CEST 2009

hi,

in my proxy.conf I have a FQDN for a proxy destination.

that FQDN has a AAAA record (and all other operations to
it from the server us IPv6 for transit).  however, FreeRADIUS
doesnt want to talk to that remote proxy via IPv6

anyone else successfully SENDING proxied packets from FreeRADIUS
using IPv6? have you had to change/bork something to make it
use IPv6 for the transit instead of IPv4?

the FQDN also has an A record...but the RFC states that if theres
a AAAA for the target then it should be used in preference to the
A record.....

alan