Setting FreeRadius and Ldap.

Steven Sprague steven at sprague-enterprises.com
Thu Aug 27 22:49:16 CEST 2009

Hello All

My needs are simple. Use an exiting LDAP server to communicate with
FreeRadius.

After reading a number of sources (including the FAQ) I am a bit
confused as to what is required? I will start out simple with WPA using
LEAP - since all my client boxes can use it.

Questions:

Do I need any special schema for ldap to use this plan? Y/N

If YES, where can I find example?

If NO, what other settings need to be set on the client, ldap and
FreeRadius server for testing.

I need a simple systematic step by step would be great. _:) Sorry, my
only book - LDAP by O'Reilly is a bit dated and incomplete.

My test setup is one access point (D-LInk DIR-655), two RHEL servers and
one workstation client for testing.

Server 1 - DNS & FreeRadius

Server 2 - LDAP,Postfix,Dovecot,Apache,Squid.

** They are on the same network.

I appreciate any advice to get me moving the right direction.

Steven

believed to be clean.