MPD : mpd-drop-user

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Dec 1 00:20:14 CET 2009

> Is anyone try this attribute /*mpd-drop-user*/ in freeradius with Mysql?
> MPD support this attribute to check the status of account during it
> update the accounting and if the value for this attribute become
> non-zero, it will disconnect the session for the user.
>
> We use MPD to setup a PPPoE server with freeradius to provide
> authentication to users and we have come across to drop the session if
> the user's account suspended but we have no luck to make it work.
> Currently we try to put this attribute in radreply table and it doesn't
> work for us. Looking for your kind information in this matter.

Read what you wrote in the first paragraph. Attribute works when sent in
accounting reply to update packet. radreply table is used for
authentication not accounting. You will have to figure out a way of adding
this to the accounting reply using unlang or perl (if conditions are more
complicated).

Ivan Kalik