Which RPM Should I use

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Sat Dec 5 04:35:58 CET 2009

On 12/04/2009 03:35 PM, Alex Bahoor wrote:
> I would need LDAP and Mysql. Should I install two RPMSs?
> freeradius-ldap-2.1.7-2.fc12.i686.rpm
> freeradius-mysql-2.1.7-2.fc12.i686.rpm
>
> What is i686 means? I have a dell laptop IBM clone.

Start by reading this: http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

One of the things it explains is the package names. Don't worry about
the fc12 or the i686 components. When you install the packages yum will
automatically pick the right ones for your system. All you need to do is
install the package *names* you need. Once again the FAQ explains this.
You'll need the base freeradius package for sure, you'll probably also
want freeradius-utils. If you're planning on using ldap as a backend
then you want the freeradius-ldap package too, same applies for mysql.
The FAQ explains all of this.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?