Problems with PEAP

Peter Carlstedt pc_007 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:36:59 CET 2009

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 23:00:02 -0000 (UTC)
> From: tnt at kalik.net
> Subject: Re: Problems with PEAP
> <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
>

> > Hello everyone,
> > I know that it is something I have forgot to configure but I cant for my
> > life remember what it is.
> > What I want to do is to authenticate a user from a windows machine using
> > PEAP.
> >
> > Things I?ve have configured in raddb and in raddb/modules is:
> >
> > 1. Added a user called Jens with Cleartext-Password := "kaffe"
>
> No, you haven't:
>
> > ++[files] returns noop
>
> There is no entry for that user in users file. At least not the one server
> is using. If you have multiple installations make sure that you are
> configuring fioles belonging to the instance you are running. Have a look
> at the debug of the server startup - it will tell you where users file is
> (when files module is instantiated).
>
> Ivan Kalik

Hi Ivan Kalik,

Yes I do have an input for Jens with Cleartext-Password := "kaffe" in the users file.

Also I do not have several installations of Freeradius on the same installation of Ubuntu Desktop 9.04.

This one was newly installed yesterday so there is only one installation.

Also I could login using a different user which was a row above the user Jens.

My users file have two users:

peter     Cleartext-Password := "kaffe"

jens      Cleartext-Password := "kaffe"

After I logged in with the user peter I could login using jens.

Best regards/ Peter Carlstedt