Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 88

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Dec 15 20:15:21 CET 2009

>> Hello All,
>>
>> I did not fixed this problem. same configuration works on
>> server (ubuntu). but on another server (freebsd) not works :(
>>
>> Please look
>> to the 3 th line. its normally? (expand)
>>
>> +- entering group post-auth
>> {...}
>>
>> [sqlippool] No Pool-Name defined.
>>
>> [sqlippool] expand ->
>>

>> ++[sqlippool] returns noop-
>>
>> Nadir Aliyev
>

>> Your configuration is OK. Your user entry isn't. What does your user
>> entry
>> look like (password etc.)?
>> Ivan Kalik
>

> I use User-Password attribute in database.

Which is wrong in 2.x.

> And chap method
> authentification.

It requires clear text password, so use Cleartext-Password, not
User-Password. This is documented in so many places. User-Password is
invalid option for several years now.

> It's works normally. When I use radtest, auth successfully.

You haven't noticed *huge* warnings in the debug of this "successful"
authentication? How much bigger should they be made?

> Problem with ippool (or sqlippool), I think this is a bug, before radius
> v2
> I installed v1, upgraded it to v2 because v1 is no longer supported(radius
> is not started with sqlippool module, received error undefined symbol)

Because they are not the same. You should read about what is different.

Ivan Kalik