error discarding packet

Marinko Tarlac mangia81 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 09:45:06 CET 2009

I had the same problem several times.
Once the problem was in external script which was to slow and radius had
problems with it.
Second time I had a problem with SATA disk because it wasn't recognized
correctly and IO performance was terrible...
Third time the problem was in slow mysql and few tuning actions was the
solution...
Also, once I had a problem with RAID controller and it was the reason
for bad performance...

So, according to my experience, the worst thing you can do is to say:
"It doesn't work!!!" and to sit down and wait for a solution... Adding
RAM won't help if you're not sure what you're doing... The system is in
your hands...

System with 3500 users will do fine with 1GB RAM, Xeon, bla bla...
Default radius config. Interim updates are set to 5 min. Active
connections goes up to 2000 online users during peek time...
Also the same server is used for mail server and provisioning system for
CPE equipment... It all works fine with average load below 1 ...