Using checkval for Call Routing with Sippy B2BUA

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 8 11:17:23 CET 2009

Tobias Wolf wrote:
> i am using FreeRadius 1.1.3 and want to use it for Call Routing.

  Upgrade to 2.1.3.

> If i have only one Called-Station-Id in the check pairs line, i get the
> Access-Accept with the reply data.
>
> But since one route can have a lot of numbers i need to be able to have
> several Called-Station-Id Entrys. From the description of the checkval
> attribute it appeared to me the correct solution.

  2.1.3 has expanded capabilities that make this configuration much easier.

> How can this be solved with Freeradius ?

  Upgrade, and parameterize the policies.

> The Radius Server will have the information what numbers are associated
> with a certain end user and to which sip server a call have to be sent.

  How is this information stored and managed?  A database?  Flat-text files?

  Decide how that information is represented and stored first.  Then,
create policies that reference that information.