Disconnect packet

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Thu Jan 8 16:19:12 CET 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Johan Meiring wrote:
>> The first idea I came up with was to try and get freeradius to receive
>> the packet, then using rlm_perl do whatever I want after examining the
>> packet.
>
>   Unfortunately, FreeRADIUS doesn't currently receive CoA packets.  This
> functionality is expected to be added this year.

Any idea when?

>   What is generating the CoA packets?

It will also be freeradius (on a different machine), the actual radius
server.

>> 1) Can anyone think of a way how freeradius might receive the packet for
>> me and then pass it to perl for me to act on?
>
>   Code changes.

Looking at the source, I see that it can at least identify the packets,
but then ignores them, because they are not authentication/accounting
packets.

I dit a minor change, to not ignore the packet and pass it to the
accounting module, but then the accounding module crashed.

Last bit of radius -X
---------------------
radius/radacct/accounting-20090108
         expand: %t -> Thu Jan  8 16:41:57 2009
++[detail] returns ok
Invalid Accounting Packet
++[perl] returns invalid
} # server amobia_hotspot
Unknown packet type 40
[event.c:1691] Unknown packet type
----------------------

As my C skills is non existant, I can only do "copy and paste" type
programming.

I could attempt some changes with some pointers......

>> 2) Is anyone aware of other software that might listen on the coa port
>> 1700/3799, receive a packet, parse it somehow and call my script to
>> "disconnect" the client.  i.e. a "disconnect server". as per
>> http://wiki.freeradius.org/DM
>
>   There isn't much.

Not much or nothing?

>   Alan DeKok.