Disconnect packet

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 8 16:28:48 CET 2009

Johan Meiring wrote:
> Any idea when?

  There is no defined time frame.

>>   What is generating the CoA packets?
>>

> It will also be freeradius (on a different machine), the actual radius
> server.

  In the short term, alternatives are things like shell scripts.

> Looking at the source, I see that it can at least identify the packets,
> but then ignores them, because they are not authentication/accounting
> packets.

  It doesn't listen on port 3799, either.  That code needs to be added.

> I dit a minor change, to not ignore the packet and pass it to the
> accounting module, but then the accounding module crashed.

  Well... yes.  There are many, many, other changes that need to be made.

>>> 2) Is anyone aware of other software that might listen on the coa port
>>> 1700/3799, receive a packet, parse it somehow and call my script to
>>> "disconnect" the client.  i.e. a "disconnect server". as per
>>> http://wiki.freeradius.org/DM
>>
>>   There isn't much.
>
> Not much or nothing?

  None freely available that I know of.