Radius syntax

Andrea Scarso andrea.scarso at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:13:59 CET 2009

2009/1/14 Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>

> > How is a radius request made, or where can I find some docs about it?
> >
> > When I send a request with the default string, on the radius I receive:
> >
> > Wed Jan 14 08:55:45 2009 : Error: WARNING: Malformed RADIUS packet from
> > host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: packet attributes do NOT exactly fill the packet
>

>  The NAS is completely broken.  Tell the manufacturer that you want a
> firmware fix so that it will implement RADIUS correctly, *or* return it
> for a refund, and buy a real NAS.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

Thanks, but this is not a NAS.
This is a monitor application for various servers (http, ping, smtp, pop3,
...).
http://www.mikrotik.com/img/thedude.jpg

The problem is that for the radius test, there's not a prebuild test as for
other protocols, but I need to specify the string to send to freeradius, to
simulate the RADIUS protocol. Do you know if there's some docs about the
RADIUS protocol or radius packet syntax?

Otherwise, do you know other software to monitor some radius servers?
In other words i need a software to simulate a NAS, and if the radius
doesn't respond can send a warning mail to me.

Thanks,
Andrea