802.1x problems

Keith Ledford kledford at uga.edu
Thu Jan 15 21:41:08 CET 2009

On Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 20:36:00, tnt at kalik.net wrote:
> Where is his password supposed to be? Ldap auth can't work with mschap,
> so you need to send the password to freeradius. You need to enable ldap
> instances in inner-tunnel virtual server (that will be doing mschap
> auth).

The passwords are in the ldap server (Novell). I don't understand what
you mean by

"so you need to send the password to freeradius"

Can you either explain or point me to the proper doc? If ldap auth
can't work with mschap what does everyone do to work with standard
windows clients?

I did enable ldap in the inner-tunnel config file. I did miss that
before. Thanks!

--
Keith Ledford <kledford AT uga DOT edu>
Network Administrator