Question about authentication

John Baldwin j.baldwin at saxonfinancials.com
Tue Jan 20 06:29:35 CET 2009

Hello all

I'm trying to configure freeradius on a Centos server to authenticate my logins on Cisco devices.  I can see in the log file that my request is hitting the server.  I'm advised to just add a username and password in the users file so I've done that, I've used the steve login and password of testing as used as an example in the file and as follows

steve  Cleartext-Password := "testing"

All following lines are still commented out.

I'm running radiusd -x.  The following is the contents of the log file.

Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
rlm_pap: login attempt with password "Cí?-Ã+Cý?AÃ
                                                   ?ü?RE"
rlm_pap: Using clear text password "testing"
rlm_pap: Passwords don't match
Waking up in 3.9 seconds.
Ready to process requests.
Ready to process requests.
Exiting normally.
Listening on authentication address 192.168.72.100 port 1812
Listening on accounting address * port 1813
Listening on proxy address 192.168.72.100 port 1814
Ready to process requests.
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
rlm_pap: login attempt with password "CVæí??)yc8é?�ir"
rlm_pap: Using clear text password "testing"
rlm_pap: Passwords don't match
Waking up in 3.9 seconds.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

John

[cid:image001.png at 01C97B03.22F83520]<http://www.saxonfinancials.com/>

 John Baldwin