FreeRADIUS + Alvarion 4Motion

Yoni Levin yoni.levin at altair-semi.com
Wed Jan 21 16:44:44 CET 2009

On 2009-01-16 16:46, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Kristoffer Milligan wrote:

> > My battle to make FreeRADIUS work with the Alvarion 4Motion system

> > continues. I have been in contact with one of their engineers, and
the

> > only thing he saw that seemed invalid was a couple of missing
attributes

> > in the Access Accept response.

> > Please look at the following url:

> > https://www.norgespost.no/aaalog

> > Now, in the tunneled response, there are two attributes:

> > MS-MPPE-Encryption-Policy = 0x00000001

> > MS-MPPE-Encryption-Types = 0x00000006

> > Why aren't these attributes passed to the access accept?

>   Because they are needed only for MS-CHAP authentication.  They are

> *not* needed anywhere else.

>   Perhaps Alvarion could explain why they need these attributes. They

> are *not* needed in the WiMAX spec, so far as I recall.  FreeRADIUS

> works with a number of WiMAX systems (Nokia, Motorola, etc.)

>   What's so different about Alvarion?

> > Has anyone here integrated FreeRADIUS with the 4Motion system
before?

>   There has been little mention of it here.

>   Alan DeKok.

> -

> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Hi Alan and the forum.

I have been doing effort in the same direction right now.

I failed to make  4 motion to work with freeradius.

The fact that everything works OK but the key derivation is different
looks amazing.

I checked All possible Bs counters and everything looks just fine.

Have you found something new since?

Or we have no other choice but to use different radius for 4motion such
as Bridgewater which declares Alvarion compatibility?

Thanks,

Yonatan.