FreeRADIUS + Alvarion 4Motion

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 21 19:06:17 CET 2009

Yoni Levin wrote:
> I have been doing effort in the same direction right now.
>
> I failed to make  4 motion to work with freeradius.

  This shouldn't be hard.  The Alvarion engineers have access to the
complete FreeRADIUS source code, and can see every part of every
decision it makes.  They *should* be able to figure out what the issue is.

> The fact that everything works OK but the key derivation is different
> looks amazing.

  I'm not sure what that means...

> I checked All possible Bs counters and everything looks just fine.
>
> Have you found something new since?

  I don't have access to an Alvarion machine to test.

> Or we have no other choice but to use different radius for 4motion such
> as Bridgewater which declares Alvarion compatibility?

  $100K for Bridgewater, and $200K for an Oracle license?

  There are cheaper ways to debug the problem.